Transcripts & Minutes
The Senate Committee on Defence and Security undertakes it work through:
- Hearings for which transcripts of the testimony are available, and
- Fact-finding visits to military bases, security establishments and other installations.
Transcripts: (verbatim report of what took place at a meeting)
Copies of the unrevised floor transcript for each meeting are usually available within 24 hours. If you wish to receive a copy of this document, please send an e-mail message and a copy will be sent to you by electronic mail. Please note that this transcript is only available in the language actually used in the meeting. The fully translated and edited copy of the transcript is usually posted on the Committee's website in 3 weeks. If you wish to cite an unrevised transcript, please obtain the consent of the person who spoke.
Issues: (printed edited verbatim report of what took place at a meeting)
A committee's issues are the printed edited transcripts in both English and French of the testimony received by the committee. While separate issues are often prepared for each meeting of a committee, at times a number of meetings may be contained in one issue. The issues are numbered consecutively. As each page in an issue contains the issue number as well as a page number, citations are usually given as 15:21, meaning, issue #15 page 21.
Examination on the need for a national security policy for Canada
- Issue 21, August 30, 2002
- Issue 20, August 15, 2002
- Issue 19, August 14, 2002
- Issue 18, June 24, 2002
- Issue 17, June 19, 2002
- Issue 16, June 3, 2002
- Issue 15, May 27, 2002
- Issue 14, May 6, 2002
- Issue 13, May 1, 2002
An introductory survey of the major security and defence issues facing Canada with a view to preparing a detailed work plan for future comprehensive studies
- Issue 12, February 11 and February 18, 2002
- Issue 11, January 29, 2002
- Issue 10, January 28, 2002
- Issue 9, December 10, 2001
- Issue 8, December 3, 2001
- Issue 7, November 26, 2001
- Issue 6, October 29, 2001
- Issue 5, October 22, 2001
- Issue 4, October 15, 2001
- Issue 3, September 24 (in camera) and October 1, 2001
- Issue 2, July 19, 2001
- Issue 1, May 10, May 28, June 11 and July 18, 2001
Organization meeting and Future business
The program of activities in both English and French of each fact-finding visit is available on this website. These programs provide details of the Senators participating in each visit, the nature of the visit, the persons who met the committee as well as the subjects covered during the presentations.