PAGING ALL UNDERGRADS
Do you want to work for Parliament while you study in the nation’s capital?
- a full-time student pursuing your first undergraduate degree?
- willing to live in Ottawa or Gatineau for the duration of your contract while pursuing your studies at one of the region’s four universities?
- able to communicate in both official languages?
- a Canadian citizen or permanent resident with no previous experience as a page on Parliament Hill?
- interested in learning about Canada’s parliamentary system?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you are eligible to apply to the Senate Page Program.
Live, work and study in the Ottawa-Gatineau region
You can apply from anywhere in Canada. Successful candidates will study at one of our four partner universities: the University of Ottawa, Carleton University, Saint Paul University or l’Université du Québec en Outaouais for the duration of the contract. You will live in Canada’s beautiful National Capital region, home to many attractions, including the ByWard Market, the Rideau Canal and Gatineau Park.
Here's the deal
The Senate Page Program offers students a paid opportunity to work within Canada’s parliamentary system.
Each year, 15 students from across Canada are selected to participate in this program. As a Senate Page you would be responsible for providing a range of services to ensure the effective operation of the Senate and its committees. In return, you will witness parliamentary history as bills are debated, amended, and become law and when Senate committees discuss draft reports that influence public policy.
AND you will earn approximately $16,000 for the year of part-time work.
All relevant travel expenses are paid to get you to Ottawa and home again after your contract is completed.