Transcripts & Minutes
The Senate Committee on National Security and Defence undertakes it work through:
- Hearings for which transcripts of the testimony are available, and
- Fact-finding visits to military bases, security establishments and other installations.
Transcripts: (verbatim report of what took place at a meeting)
Copies of the unrevised floor transcript for each meeting are usually available within 24 hours. If you wish to receive a copy of this document, please send an e-mail message and a copy will be sent to you by electronic mail. Please note that this transcript is only available in the language actually used in the meeting. The fully translated and edited copy of the transcript is usually posted on the Committee's website in 3 weeks. If you wish to cite an unrevised transcript, please obtain the consent of the person who spoke.
Issues: (printed edited verbatim report of what took place at a meeting)
A committee's issues are the printed edited transcripts in both English and French of the testimony received by the committee. While separate issues are often prepared for each meeting of a committee, at times a number of meetings may be contained in one issue. The issues are numbered consecutively. As each page in an issue contains the issue number as well as a page number, citations are usually given as 15:21, meaning, issue #15 page 21.
In the previous session (October 4, 2004 - November 29, 2005) the Committee issued the following transcripts and reports of fact-finding visits.
Canada's national security policy
- Issue 17, June 11 and June 18, 2007
- Issue 16, May 28, 2007
- Issue 15, April 23 and April 30, 2007
- Issue 14, March 28, 2007
- Issue 13, March 26, 2007
- Issue 12, March 19, 2007
- Issue 11, February 26, 2007
- Issue 10, February 12, 2007
- Issue 9, January 29, January 30 and February 1, 2007
- Issue 8, December 4 and December 11, 2006
- Issue 7, November 20 and November 27 (in camera), 2006
- Issue 6, October 16, October 30 and November 6, 2006
- Issue 5, October 2, 2006
- Issue 4, June 19 and June 21, 2006
- Issue 3, June 12, 2006 (in camera)
- Issue 2, May 15 (in camera) and May 29, 2006
- Issue 1, April 25 and May 8, 2006
The program of activities in both English and French of each fact-finding visit is available on this website. These programs provide details of the Senators participating in each visit, the nature of the visit, the persons who met the committee as well as the subjects covered during the presentations.
Fact-finding visits From the 38th Parliament, 1st Session (October 4, 2004 - November 29, 2005)