Virtual Tour of the Senate of Canada Building
Embark on the Senate of Canada Building Virtual Tour, a digital exploration of the striking interior of Ottawa’s old central train station! This immersive, 360-degree experience lets you wander the halls of the Senate’s temporary home from the comfort of your house or classroom and offers customized experiences. Whether you’re interested in learning about senators’ work, discovering the art on display or exploring the restored Beaux-Arts architecture, there’s a journey for you! Click on your surroundings to learn more about them — don’t forget to look up!
Explore the Senate’s temporary home online using assistive technology!
An adaptation of the virtual tour is compatible with the latest versions of popular screen readers — such as NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver, ChromeVox and TalkBack — and with braille displays, if supported.
Continue the experience
Looking for fun ways to teach your students even more about the Senate? Check out these educational resources and activities!
- Special event: Invite a senator to speak to your class
- Publications: Consult these brochures, activity sheets and videos
- Pop quiz: Test your students’ knowledge with this Pop Quiz Challenge
Fascinated by the Senate of Canada Building? Learn more about Ottawa’s former train station and its new lease on life.
Canada’s royal roots
Take an in-depth look at the Red Chamber’s traditions, artefacts and furnishings that represent the long-standing connection between Canada’s Parliament and the Crown.
Intrigued by the art, ceremonial objects and heritage furniture? The Senate is home to a collection of more than 6,000 items — and it’s yours to discover!
- Collection & exhibits: Explore the collection and rotating exhibits
- Articles: Learn about works of art, exhibits and conservation project
- Videos: Watch the Senate’s artwork and heritage in motion